My kiddos love smoothies. Sunday mornings are smoothie time in my house. We typically make blueberry, mango/pineapple and strawberry, but this time we all wanted something different. This cherry vanilla smoothie was perfect for giving us a bit of change from our usual smoothie routine.
My cherry vanilla smoothie is sweet, tart and creamy. The background vanilla flavor reminded us all of frozen yogurt. In fact, we froze the last bit of it and it turned out nicely. We’ll definitely be making it again as a dessert, with the addition of a little more honey.
Here is the recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat, plain yogurt (I used greek style)
- 2 1/2 cups frozen cherries
- 1/8 cup honey (you can adjust the amount to your taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbs vanilla
- pinch of salt (1/4 tsp or so)
- Combine the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Serve immediately.