My pork chops and baked apples dish is delish. It had been a while since I made pork chops regularly because I struggled to find a pork chop recipe that my family enjoyed. Oh a whin, I decided to buy some beautiful thick-cut chops, but they sat in my freezer for several weeks because I had no inspiration.
When I got a craving for baked apples one day, those pork chops popped into my mind and I could just taste a lovely ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon combo made into a sweet and savory glaze to complement the apples. A few tweaks on my original recipe and I had a new family favorite on the menu!
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced (1/4'' slices)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 2 Tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Melt 4 Tbs of coconut oil in a small pot.
- 3. Grease a 13X9 baking dish with the remaining 2 Tbs of coconut oil.
- 4. When the coconut oil in the pot has melted, add the coconut sugar, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg to make the glaze and stir to combine.
- 5. Place the pork chops in the baking dish and puncture them repeatedly with a fork.
- 6. Pour the glaze over the pork chops, flipping them after pouring half of the glaze so that both sides are glazed.
- 7. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- 1. Melt the coconut oil in a large pot.
- 2. Add the apples and let them fry until they begin to soften.
- 3. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the apples are well coated.
- 4. Cook the apples over medium heat until they are soft. (About 20-25 minutes)