Garlic butter chicken.
Cream Cheese Sauce.
Oh my. Where do I even begin? I guess I should tell you first about the tender, moist chicken. But, you just have to know about the tangy cream cheese sauce. The garlic butter component is pretty important, too.
I guess best thing about this dish is that it’s as simple to make as it is tasty. It’s perfectly comforting after a busy day and even better as a leftover lunch the next day. (Even if you eat it sitting at your desk. Promise!)
The slow cooker does all of the work — slowly and perfectly infusing the chicken with garlic. The butter adds to the richness and helps keep the chicken moist. The cream cheese sauce rounds out the dish with an tangy taste and sweet undertones.
Yes, I’d say we’ve achieved umami with this one.
But, you should totally taste for yourself!
Here’s the recipe!
- 2- 2.5 lbs of chicken breasts
- 1 stick of butter
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced in half to release flavor
- 1.5 tsp salt
- Optional -- 1 sliced onion
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1 cup of chicken stock (I use the liquid left in the slow cooker after the chicken is removed.)
- salt to taste
- Place the chicken (thawed) in the slow cooker.
- Add the butter to the slow cooker.
- Place the garlic in the slow cooker, dispersing it around so that it's not all in one spot.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove and place on serving platter.
- In a pan, put the cup of chicken stock (or liquid from the slow cooker).
- Add the cream cheese and salt.
- Cook over medium-low heat until the sauce is combined and creamy.
- Pour over chicken.