Benefits and Uses of Mastrante Essential Oil
I’ve discovered a new-to-me oil and now that I’ve had some time research and use it, I’m very excited to share it with you. Mastrante essential oil has become one of my favorite oils over the past few months. Young Living listed it as a new product several months ago and I needed one more oil to add to my Essential Rewards autoship, so I chose mastrante. I am glad that I did!
Although I trusted that this beautiful oil would be beneficial, I wanted to research it before I started using it. It took me a while to find anything about it because many people know it by it’s botanical name of Lippia alba.
Lippia alba, or mastrante, is a plant that grows in Texas, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America. Young Living sources their mastrante from Ecuador. Mastrante is a member of the verbena family and is actually a shrub. The essential oil of mastrante, which comes from the leaf and stem of the plant, can contain piperitone, geranial,neral, caryophyllene, camphor, eucalyptol, limonene, carvone, germacrene, α-guaiene, β-ocimene, linalool, or myrcene.
Mastrante has a pleasant tea-like, earthy scent. It’s often used at spas for aromatherapy and in massage oils.
Benefits of Mastrante Essential Oil
While there isn’t a lot currently published about the benefits of Lippia alba, here are a few of the benefits I’ve found.
1. Mastrante helps to create a relaxing atmosphere.
2. Mastrante can be used to promote radiant-looking skin.
3. Mastrante is emotionally grounding.
4. Manstrante helps support a calm energy.
5. Mastrante helps to support a healthy excretory system.
6. Mastrante helps to support a health adrenal system.
Uses of Mastrante Essential Oil
Here are a few of the ways that I have used this lovely oil over the past few months.
1. I add a few drops of mastrante essential oils to a bath with epsom salts and soak for at least 30 minutes to promote relaxation.
2. I massage mastrante mixed into a carrier oil on my feet and neck to help recover from physical exertion.
3. I diffuse mastrante, sometimes mixed with a citrus or mint oil to create an atmosphere that promotes calm energy.
4. I put a drop of mastrante on my toe before bed to support relaxing sleep.
5. I inhale mastrante straight from the bottle to feel grounded, yet uplifted on tough days.
6. I add a few drops of mastrante to my favorite homemade moisturizer to clarify my skin.
Mastrante is a wonderful, versatile oil so be sure to add it to your essential oil collection. You can find out how to purchase it here.
Do you already use mastrante essential oils? Tell us your favorite uses in the comments below!