The Perfect Butternut Squash Soup Recipe for Fall
My butternut squash soup recipe is a family favorite around here. It’s creamy, it’s sweet, it’s savory, it’s . . . perfect. And, made with homemade bone broth, it’s incredibly nourishing.
I love serving this dish on cool fall evenings and cold winter afternoons. The richness fills our tummies and warms our hearts and bodies.
Don’t Be Intimidated By Butternut Squash
Butternut squash soup is not terribly difficult to make. The hardest part is cutting and chopping the squash.
In fact, you can skip the cutting and chopping by using fresh or frozen pre-diced butternut squash. If you want to save time and effort, I definitely recommend buying fresh or frozen, pre-diced butternut squash to use in this recipe.
If you do use pre-diced squash, skip step one of the recipe and add the butternut squash dices to the boiling broth. When they are soft, blend them with an immersion blender.
Okay, let’s get to the recipe! But first, pin this butternut squash soup recipe for easy reference later.
My Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Here’s where I admit I’m a “pinch of this and a bit of that” cook. My measurements for this particular recipe are estimated and tweaked based on the broth I use each time.
Because the bone broth taste varies from batch to batch depending on what seasonings you add to it, you may need more or less of some of the ingredients. Just taste as you go.
Here’s the Recipe!
There’s a printable version of this recipe below.
Print the Recipe!
Butternut Squash Soup
- Cut the butternut squash lengthwise, coat inside with coconut oil, place inside-up on a pan and roast in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until soft. Scoop out and set aside.
- Heat bone broth in a large pot until boiling. Add butternut squash.
- Add all of the other ingredients.
- With an immersion blender, blend soup until it is smooth.
- If the soup is not thick enough for your liking, add arrowroot powder by the 1/2 tbsp until it thickens, blending well between additions to ensure that you don't use too much.
Before you go!
This is how I get a real food dinner on the table on even the busiest evenings. It’s all about planning, baby. Check it out!
If you’re looking for Keto Meal Plans I recommend REAL PLANS. They’re my favorite real food, keto meal planner.