Eggplant Mini Pizzas Recipe
Although my family follows a traditional, Weston A. Price diet at home, we often eat grain free. Properly preparing grains takes a lot of time and none of us feels best when we consume too much grain — even if it is properly prepared.
When we are craving pizza this eggplant mini pizzas recipe hits the spot. My kids love it and eat it up quickly. I feel good knowing that they are getting an extra serving of veggies that they wouldn’t have gotten from regular, grain-crusted pizza.
The varying sizes of the pizza is perfect, as well. Everyone gets a mini pizza in a size that is manageable for them!
Our favorite way to make these mini pizzas is with cheese and pepperoni, but you can top with whatever you’d like. Be creative!
Here’s the recipe!
2 large eggplants
16 ozs of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups of pizza sauce or marinara sauce
Desired toppings (we use pepperoni most often, but all usual pizza toppings will work.)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Slice the ends off the eggplants.
Slice the eggplants into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
Place eggplant rounds on a baking sheet.
Top with sauce, toppings, and cheese.
Cook for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Eggplant Mini Pizzas
- 2 large eggplants
- 16 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- Desired toppings we use pepperoni most often, but all usual pizza toppings will work.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the ends off of the eggplants.
- Slice the eggplants into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Place eggplant rounds on a baking sheet.
- Top with sauce, toppings and cheese.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Before you go!
This is how I get a real food dinner on the table on even the busiest evenings. It’s all about planning, baby. Check it out!