I may receive a commission if you purchase through links on this page.
Oh man. This cake is trouble, you guys. I want to make it all the time. I want to eat it all the time. I want you to try it so you can join me.
Before I post the recipe for this lovely chocolate dream, let’s talk sweeteners for a minute. Because I follow a traditional food diet at home I don’t like to use refined sugar when baking. However, I keep organic sugar on hand for making kombucha and I’ve found that the finished flourless chocolate cake has a better texture when made with granulated organic sugar than when it’s made with coconut sugar (my top choice of baking sweeteners).
I think running the coconut sugar through the food processor first might help, so I will try that next time and update this post with the results. In addition, using maple sugar produces results that are on par with organic sugar.
Here’s the recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Melt butter over low heat (it should be melted but not hot)
3. Butter the bottom of a springform pan
4. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
(Don’t overmix or the cake will be rubbery.)
5. Pour mixture into the springform pan.
6. Bake for 35 minutes
Do you need frosting for your cake? Check out this wonderful frosting recipe from Real Food RN.