Did you know that there is no shortage of free homeschooling reading resources? Homeschooling doesn’t have to be an expensive venture. There are plenty of resources out there that are completely free. We’re fortunate to live in the digital age with thousands of free homeschooling resources right at our fingertips.
I know from experience that a busy homeschool mom doesn’t have time to scour the internet for free reading worksheets, free reading programs, and other free reading resources. Fortunately, I’ve been homeschooling for a while now and have come across tons of great reading resources in that time.
I’ve created a list of 56 free homeschooling reading resources to share with you guys. Many of these I have used myself, but some of them I haven’t. I did check out every website, worksheet or program before listing it here, though, to make sure it was a good source that provides value even though it’s free.
The free reading resources I’ve listed range from teaching phonics, reading and reading comprehension for all ages. So, even if you have older kids, there are still valuable websites here to check out.
56 Free Homeschool Reading Resources
The first five free homeschooling reading resources listed here are my personal favorites. I used them a ton when my boys were learning to read.
1. Starfall— We love Starfall at my house! Reading is fun when you use Starfall. Tons of games at all different levels of learning. And, they have a store with low-cost reading items, as well.
2. Clifford Interactive Storybooks–Everyone’s favorite big red dog can your kiddos learn to read. Check out these online books for your little reader.
3. Mrs. Perkins’ Dolch Words–I use this site extensively for teaching my youngest his Dolch words. She has all of the lists and they are easily printable.
4. Reading Bear–Do you focus on phonetics? If so, Reading Bear is a fun site for teaching the little ones all about phonics.
5. Mr. Nussbaum–It’s good ol’ Mr. Nussbaum again. Here he shares ton of worksheets for reading comprehension. If you are looking for reading worksheets for older children, you’ll find them here!
More Free Reading Websites
10. Lantern Fish
12. Bookit Program
13. Succeed to Read
15. The Reading Mama
18. KIZ Phonics
Free Videos for Learning to Read
One of the most valuable resources I’ve used for all homeschool subjects is YouTube. Here are favorite YouTube Channels, Playlists or specific videos for teaching and learning reading.
21. Complabteacher (check out his playlists of Dolch sight words for each grade level)
22. School My Kid
Free Reading Worksheets
31. RHL School
32. Great Schools
35. Itsy Bitsy Fun
37. Read Works
Even More Free Reading Websites
41. Book Adventure
42. Lesson Pathways
43. Free Reading
44. Ambleside Online
45. CurrClick (look for weekly freebies on various subjects)
46. Read Works
47. Read to Success
Free Online Reading Games
50. Room Recess
51. Primary Games
52. Learning Today
53. Smarty Games
54. Fun Brain
55. Turtle Diary
56. Bainbridge Class
I hope you and your children enjoy these awesome free homeschool reading resources!