Healthy, Real Food Snack Ideas For Kids
If you’ve got kids, you know that snack time is an important part of the day. I’d say most parents prefer to serve their kiddos healthy snacks over unhealthy ones, but sometimes we get stuck in a rut and give our kids the same few healthy snacks over and over. They get bored and beg for different snacks or refuse to eat the snacks.
Have you ever run out ideas for healthy snacks for kids? I have blanked on snack ideas while making my meal plans, so I wrote down a list of my children’s favorite real food snacks so that I have it handy for easy recall.
In a perfect world my kids would eat veggies, fruits, nuts, yogurt, and cheese without complaining. But the world isn’t perfect and neither is our diet.
Even though we strive for an 80/20 lifestyle, I still want my kids’ snacks to provide them with important nutrients. That way I don’t have to worry about the other “fun food” that inevitably ends up in my kiddos’ diets. (After all, I let my kids eat junk food because I know making it off limits will just make them want it more and sneak around to get it.)
So, here are our favorite real food snacks that make snack time a part of our nourishing, real food diet.
- Air-Popped Popcorn (we like this kind) with Butter and Real Salt
- Almond Butter and Raw Honey swirled together in a bowl
- Avocado Oil Potato Chips
- Berries and Whipped Cream
- Boiled Eggs
- Carrots with hummus, or tzatziki dip
- Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Cherry Tomatoes and Avocado Slices
- Chocolate Maple Fudge
- Cinnamon Sugar Sprouted Crackers
- Coconut Flour Brownies
- Coconut Flour Muffins
- Crispy Pecans
- Deviled Eggs
- Egg Custard Pudding
- Goldfish Cracker Recipe
- Fruit Leather
- Homemade Chocolate Bars
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- Homemade Fruit Juice Gelatin
- Homemade Fruit Snacks
- Homemade Ice Cream
- Homemade Maple Vanilla Yogurt
- Homemade Marshmallows
- Homemade Pickles
- Homemade Vanilla Pudding
- Lara Bars
- Maple Freezer Fudge
- Maple Pecan Candies
- Maple Pecan Ice Cream Bites
- Nitrate-Free Dried Meats
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Parmesan Crisps
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Maple Fudge
- Pumpkin Cake Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Cookies
- Raw Milk and Raw Honey
- Smoothies (We’re loving this Cherry Vanilla Smoothie)
- Soaked Crackers and Hummus
- Soaked Oatmeal
- Soaked or Sprouted Nuts
- Creamy Peach and Honey Popsicles
- Sourdough Bread and Strawberry Maple Jam
- Sweet Potato Chips
For even more healthy easy snack ideas, check out Eat Your Beets.
Before you go!
This is how I get a real food dinner on the table on even the busiest evenings. It’s all about planning, baby. Check it out!