First of all, this one was a kid-pleaser. Does anything else matter?
This pineapple shrimp stir fry is a sweet and savory summer supper. The pineapple gives it both a sweetness and tangy-ness that is unforgettable. I would like to tell you that it took me hours to create and prepare this masterpiece, but truthfully I had pineapple, I had shrimp, I had veggies and I had hungry boys. I got creative and prayed that it would work.
This one will be on the easy summer meals list for years to come!
Here’s the recipe!
1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks (for the best flavor it really does need to be fresh pineapple and not canned)
2 lbs of pre-cooked 31-35 shrimp
1 12 oz bag of frozen stir fry veggies
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat coconut oil over medium-low heat in a large pot until melted.
2. Place the shrimp, pineapple, and frozen veggies into the pot.
3. Stir together over medium-high heat until warmed.
4. Add arrowroot powder and stir gently until the juices thicken.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Serve as is or over rice.