Simple and Delicious Scrambled Eggs with Avocado
I admit that eating a better breakfast was difficult for me when I first began my real food journey. I was used to eating carb-laden breakfast foods just to get something down my throat. I’m not a huge fan of breakfast.
The problem was that carb-heavy breakfast foods left me hungry again pretty quickly. I do love my homemade soaked oatmeal, soaked waffles, soaked pancakes, and buttermilk pancakes, but more often than not I need a breakfast meal that is full of protein and healthy fat.
That’s where my scrambled eggs and avocado recipe comes to the rescue.
A Grain-Free Breakfast That Keeps You Full
If you are searching for a grain-free breakfast that will keep you full for hours, look no further! My favorite breakfast is scrambled eggs with avocado. I can eat early and have sustained energy and no hunger until at least lunch time when I eat scrambled eggs and avocado for breakfast.
This breakfast combines filling and healthy saturated fat and tons of flavor. Wash it down a glass of raw milk and you are set for an active morning.
Honestly, I usually don’t feel hungry until a couple of hours after lunch when I have this protein and healthy fat packed breakfast. With the added benefit of dense nutrition, this breakfast is the breakfast of champions, hands down!
Side note: If you love avocado toast trying topping it with scrambled eggs and avocado. Top a slice of homemade sourdough bread with this mixture and place a few sliced grape tomatoes on top of that and . . . YUM!
Here’s the recipe!
(Check the end of the post for a printable version)
2 Tbs of butter
1 ounce of shredded cheese or goat cheese
a splash of milk or water
a sprinkle of salt
a pinch of garlic powder
1 ripe avocado
Melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
1.Whisk together eggs, cheese, salt, garlic powder and a splash of water or milk.
2. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and continue to whisk the mixture until the eggs are done.
(This technique makes wonderfully fluffy, yet creamy, eggs with small curds and has an excellent mouthfeel.)
3. Slice the avocado or cut it into cubes and top the eggs.
Print this recipe!
Scrambled Eggs With Avocado
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs of butter
- 1 ounce of shredded cheese or goat cheese
- a splash of milk or water
- a sprinkle of salt
- a pinch of garlic powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat
- Whisk together eggs, cheese, salt, garlic powder and a splash of water or milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and continue to wisk the mixture until the eggs are done.
- (This technique makes wonderfully fluffy, yet creamy, eggs with small curds and has an excellent mouth feel.)
- Slice the avocado or cut it into cubes and top the eggs.
Before you go!
This is how I get a real food dinner on the table on even the busiest evenings. It’s all about planning, baby. Check it out!