Craving a thick, juicy steak? Then, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you!
This delicious sirloin steak with balsamic onions, bacon, and brie will take you to flavor heaven.
The best part about this recipe is that the steak itself requires very little effort. Remove it from the package and put it on the griddle. Really! That’s all! You don’t even salt it until it’s finished cooking.
This recipe lets the natural flavor of the steak shine and the balsamic onion, bacon, and brie topping perfectly complements the steak. Very little effort gets you a huge flavor payoff here.
The steak by itself was so delicious and filling that I didn’t even eat the mashed potatoes and asparagus that I had planned to serve with it. Still, if you need a side for this dish, I recommend potatoes and asparagus.
Here’s the recipe!
3 lbs beef loin top sirloin steak
6 strips of thick cut bacon (cooked and broken into small pieces)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large red onions
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs honey
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Heat a griddle over medium heat until water droplets sizzle when splashed on it.
2. While the griddle is heating, mix together in a bowl the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
3. Cut the onions into thin slices and put in the balsamic mixture in the bowl.
4. Place the steaks on the griddle.
5. Heat a pan over medium heat and place the balsamic onions in the pan.
6. Cook the onions until they are soft and caramelized.
7. Flip the steaks after about 10 minutes for medium doneness. (Grill on each side for about 10 minutes)
8. When the steaks and onions are done, plate the steaks, sprinkle them with a bit of salt and pepper, add brie to the top of each steak, add the onions and then top with the crumbled bacon pieces.