There are few things more sensory-pleasing as biting into a slice of pizza, feeling the snap of the crisp crust as it gives way to a chewy interior and tasting the delicious tang of sourdough. Some people leave their pizza crusts after they eat the rest of the slice, but this easy sourdough pizza crust recipe lets my family enjoy the crust just as much as the rest of the of pizza.
Easy Sourdough Pizza Crust Recipe
If the way my children devour this pizza is any indication, this pizza must be eaten as if its deliciousness depends on how quickly it is consumed.
It doesn’t, by the way. On the rare occasion that we’ve had a couple of slices leftover, it was just as good the next day. But, if you want leftovers, you may have to hide it deep in your fridge.
Here’s the recipe. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for a printable version. Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
Sourdough Pizza Crust Recipe
1. Mix together all of the ingredients and form a dough ball. I’ve my bread machine’s dough setting or food processor’s dough setting for this.
2. Let the ball of dough rest for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Divide the dough in half or thirds if you want more than one crust.
5. Roll out the dough to the desired size.
6. Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
7. Remove crust from oven and add toppings.
8. Put the topped pizza back into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.