Spinach and Feta Frittata Recipe
My spinach and feta frittata recipe is one of my favorite dinner meals. But before I tell you all about it let’s get this out of the way – Yes, the kids love it!
Because I know what you’re thinking!
That looks yummy, Allison, but spinach and feta? I have children to feed!
I know it doesn’t seem like a kid-friendly dinner, but my boys loved it. Any recipe I create has to be approved by my family before it makes it onto the blog. If they don’t like, I don’t post it. They are excellent taste testers.
So, if you’re looking for a healthy and kid-friendly dinner recipe, read on!
Make Dinner Easy With This Spinach and Feta Frittata
Not only is this spinach and feta frittata a family favorite, but it’s super easy to make. No chopping required. (Unless you want to, of course. I used frozen spinach.) In fact, there is very little prep at all. Just mix the ingredients together and let the oven do the work.
For just a little bit of effort you get a filling, protein-rich dish that has just the right amount of tangy-ness and savory-ness.
You can really taste the flavors, but the bitterness of the spinach is diminished by the bite of the feta and the sweetness of the onion powder.
A Few Notes Before You Start
- You could use fresh spinach if you want, but I’ve always used frozen spinach with this recipe. If you try it with fresh spinach leave a comment on Pinterest and tell us how it turned out.
- You can use fresh or frozen diced onions in this recipe in place of the onion powder.
- You can slice and caramelize an onion for this recipe, as well. In fact, the next time I make this recipe I’ll probably take the time to do just that. It will only add to the natural sweetness and overall flavor balance of the dish. Yum!
- If you need to double this recipe for a large family use a 13X9 baking dish instead of two pie dishes for fewer dishes to clean after dinner.
Again, if you go your own way with this recipe, please share with us on Pinterest what you did and how it turned out!
And now, on to the recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Crack eggs into a large bowl, add milk, salt, onion powder, paprika and pepper and whisk to combine.
3. Add spinach and whisk to combine.
4. Add feta and whisk to combine.
5. Pour the egg mixture into a buttered pie dish.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Spinach and Feta Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 6 oz frozen spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl, add milk, salt, onion powder, paprika and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add spinach and whisk to combine.
- Add feta and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into a buttered pie dish.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
Before you go!
This is how I get a real food dinner on the table on even the busiest evenings. It’s all about planning, baby. Check it out!