First things first– Yes, the kids love it! Because I know what you’re thinking!
That looks yum, Allison, but spinach and feta? I have children to feed!
I know that it doesn’t seem like a kid-friendly dinner, but my boys loved it. Any recipe I create has to be approved by my family before it makes it onto the blog. If they don’t like, I don’t post it. They are excellent taste testers.
Not only is this spinach and feta frittata a family favorite, but it’s super easy to make. No chopping. (Unless you want to, of course. I used frozen spinach.) Very little prep at all. Just mix the ingredients together and let the oven do the work.
For just a little bit of effort, you get a filling, protein-rich dish that has just the right amount of tangy-ness and savory-ness. You can really taste the flavors, but the bitterness of the spinach is diminished by the bite of the feta and the sweetness of the onion powder.
In short, it is delish!
Here’s the recipe!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Crack eggs into a large bowl, add milk, salt, onion powder, paprika and pepper and whisk to combine.
3. Add spinach and whisk to combine.
4. Add feta and whisk to combine.
5. Pour the egg mixture into a buttered pie dish.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Spinach and Feta Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 6 oz frozen spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl, add milk, salt, onion powder, paprika and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add spinach and whisk to combine.
- Add feta and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into a buttered pie dish.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.