If you’re tired of the same old lettuce, spinach or kale salad routine, check out this lovely tomato, avocado and goat cheese creation! I came up with this one when I was craving a salad with avocados and didn’t have any green-leafies on hand. The combination was so amazing that this has become one of my favorite ways to get a hefty dose of healthy fats and a serving of vegetables, all in one bowl.
When tomatoes are plentiful in the summer months, I eat this salad several times each week. It never gets old! The taste is sweet, salty and tangy. Each flavor compliments the other flavors. It doesn’t hurt that the salad, with it’s bright red, green and white colors is pretty to look at.
Here’s the recipe!
1. Cut the tomatoes into halves. (You can use any size tomato. Just cut it into bite sized pieces)
2. Cut the avocado in half, lengthwise and remove the seed. Make 3-4 slices into each half, lengthwise and one slice across the width.
3. Combine tomatoes and avocado in a bowl.
4. Crumble the goat cheese on top of the tomato and avocado.
5. Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil over the salad.
6. Drizzle about a teaspoon of honey over the salad.
7. Sprinkle with salt, to taste.