Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese, and Spinach Frittata
This delicious dinner recipe combines sweet potatoes, goat cheese, spinach, and eggs for a healthy vegetarian meal. It's an easy and delicious family-pleasing dinner recipe.
- 12 large eggs
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2-4 ozs goat cheese, crumbled I love goat cheese, so I use four ounces. If you don't love goat cheese a lot, just use two ounces.
- 10 ozs fresh OR frozen spinach
- 2 tsp Real Salt
- 1 small onion, diced substitute 2 tsp dried onion powder
- 2 Tbs olive oil, avocado oil, OR butter
- 2 tsp coconut sugar optional
- 2 Tbs melted butter
Prepare the Sweet Potatoes
For baked, mashed sweet potatoes
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork to allow steam to release while baking.
Cook for 40-50 minutes, or until soft.
Set aside to cool.
Once cooled, remove baked sweet potatoes from skins and mash the potatoes with a fork. (They won't be smooth and that's okay.)
For diced, roasted sweet potatoes
While the sweet potatoes bake or roast, prepare the spinach.
Once the sweet potatoes and spinach are ready, follow the next steps to prepare and bake the frittata.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk them together.
Add all ingredients (including the spinach) except the sweet potatoes and whisk to combine.
Add the sweet potatoes to the egg mixture and stir gently with wooden spoon to combine.
To Bake the Sweet Potato Frittata