Joy Essential Oil
Before I started using Young Living essential oils, I heard so much about Joy essential oil. I was excited to find out that the premium starter kit offered the Joy blend as one of the Everyday Essential Oils.
Joy, which is a blend of rose, bergamot, tangerine, ylang ylang, lemon, geranium, jasmine, palmarosa, roman chamomile, and rosewood, is simply luxurious. It contains some of the most expensive and precious essential oils.
The scent is deep and flowery, with hints of uplifting citrus. Joy essential oil makes a great perfume if you enjoy wearing perfume. Its benefits and uses are numerous, as well.
The Benefits of Joy Essential Oil
To understand how joy essential oil is beneficial, it’s important to understand the benefits of each of the oils that make up the Joy blend.
Rose Essential Oil — Rose is a precious and expensive essential oil. Rose helps to support feelings of well-being and harmony. It inspires romance.
Bergamot Essential Oil — Bergamot is one of my favorite essential oil scents. It helps to produces feelings of calm and is a beautiful, bright citrus oil
Tangerine Essential Oil — Tangerine oil is sweet-smelling and uplifting.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil — Another one of my favorite oils, ylang ylang helps to support balance and relazation.
Lemon Essential Oil — A wonderfully uplifting essential oil, lemon helps to aid in a positive outlook.
Geranium Essential Oil — Geranium is a lovely floral essential oil that helps to support healthy skin.
Jasmine Essential Oil — Sweet smelling jasmine, a favorite of mine and one of the more expensive and precious oils, helps to revitalize and uplift.
Palmarosa — Palmarosa has a stimulating effect and can support feelings of security.
Roman Chamomile Essential Oil — Chamomile has long been cherished for its calming effects. Roman Chamomile oil is no exception.
Rosewood Essential Oil — Rosewood contains linalool, which helps support feelings of strength and stability.
My 10 Favorite Uses for Joy Essential Oil
1. Bathtime. I love putting a few drops of Joy in the tub before relaxing in a hot bath. The scent is heavenly and the feelings of calmness come quickly.
2. Before social events. I’m naturally quite introverted and find social events to be very draining. When I need to attend social events, I put a drop of Joy over my heart. This practice has completely changed the way I feel before, during and after time spent with others. I no longer dread social events and the draining effect they have on me.
3. In my laundry. Adding a couple of drops of Joy to the washing machine or to wool dryer balls leaves my clothing with a light, sweet scent.
4. In the diffuser. I put a few drops of Joy in the diffuser anytime we have a case of the grumpies at my house. There is not a person in my house who can smell Joy without smiling. My boys call it the “smiling oil”.
5. As an air fresher. I put Joy, salt and water in a spray bottle and use it as a room spray.
6. In a massage oil. Joy was the only oil I used in my very first homemade massage oil. I combined olive oil with several drops of Joy and handed it to my husband. Best massage oil I’ve ever used.
7. To enhance feelings of romance. I won’t go into details here, but it works. That is all.
8. To pull myself out of a funk. A bit of Joy on my wrists helps me to overcome feelings of frustration with other people. It is especially useful when I’m experiencing hormonal moodiness.
9. As a deodorant. A drop of Joy under each arm works as a great deodorant.
10. For relieving nervous energy. I’m prone to “nervousness” when I haven’t eaten well. I find that inhaling Joy helps to overcome nervous energy and find my calm.
If you’re ready to start using Joy essential oil or any other high-quality essential oil, I can help you! Find out how to get started with essential oils!
Want to learn more about essential oils before you buy? Take my FREE 2-week essential oils ecourse and join my private essential oils facebook group just for readers of Our Small Hours! See you there!